Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trick question?

As I sit down to fill out my first ARBA show entry form, I notice that most of it is pretty self-explanatory.  Then I get to the question, "Do you desire ribbons, if applicable?"  Is this a trick question?  It seems pretty straight forward...simply check yes or no.  But then I wonder, is there something I'm missing?  Why wouldn't I want ribbons?  Will my answer illustrate that I don't have a clue what I'm doing?  This is probably a moot point anyway as a first-timer in the competitive Holland Lop category, but if I did win something, I think I would want the ribbon as proof

2 comments:

  1. I think they ask that because some people would rather not collect the ribbons that will end up getting dusty in a rabbitry or elsewhere. Some folks would rather just hear the comments and hopefully collect ARBA legs instead. But I'm like you, I'd kinda like a few ribbons.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that makes sense. I can see where the novelty might eventually wear off. Still, pretty hard to visualize ever checking the no box though.:)

    ReplyDelete