Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Road Trip!

I didn't think I was going to make it to convention.  It's over a thousand miles from where I live.  It takes over 5 hours just to get out of Texas.  I imagine that for some, the trip is much further.  But, I'm just getting my feet wet in the rabbit world.  I had planned to go next year.  It's almost half the distance to Wichita.  But, things have changed.  I'm looking for a nice doe and buck to show and I hear that the convention is the place to find them.  In fact, I have seen some nice prospects online.  The drive is still daunting, but the anticipation of walking into the convention with rows and rows of beautiful rabbits from all over the country seems worth it. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how FUN!! I would try to contact some of the breeders going though, most have pre-sold everything and will just need to be picked up there. There may be a few breeders that don't pre-sale but for me it would be too long of a trip to take that gamble.;-) Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the biggest, most prestigious rabbit show in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right; a lot of them have been sold already. If only I had come to the realization that I should go to convention earlier :-< I have been talking to a few of the breeders. I keep telling myself...tort, tort, tort. But I love the other colors! I can't wait to get there. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good! I hope you find some nice ones! If you're on facebook, check out the different groups, like ARBA and the Holland groups-there have been some postings of sale bunnies for convention. Don't forget your camera too, I want to go sooooo bad but its just too far for me. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good suggestions!! I'll try FB...didn't think to look there. Camera - yes I have to remember that. So much to do to get ready. Just hope it all comes together. Wish you could go, but at least you'll have some nice little furry, white souvenirs coming back!! :o)

    ReplyDelete