Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Indiana State Fairgrounds

 Cute gift shop on the way to the West Pavillion
 West Pavillion - looks smaller than it actually was
I've been home for 2 days now and it still seems surreal that I was able to go to Indianapolis.  It was an amazing, overwhelming, whirlwind trip.  My mom went with me and she had to be back at work yesterday, so we were only able to go to the convention on Saturday and Sunday.  Indianapolis was really beautiful.  The fairgrounds were well kept and full of rich history.  I didn't know what to expect, but the people of Indiana were incredible.  In Texas, we pride ourselves on being hospitable.  Indiananians(sp?), or Hoosiers, were like the folks back home - maybe even friendlier.  I was talking with a woman at the grocery store about how high the prices were and she gave me her store card, not just to use, but to have for my trip.  She was so sweet and there were others like her that were just as friendly.  I had planned to post while in Indianapolis, but there was too much going on.  Through every hallway, there were more and more rabbits...and a few ducks, dogs, and guinea pigs.  I'll post more later, but I'm happy to say that I met my goals for the trip, didn't go over budget, and am the proud owner of a new buck and a doe.  I ended up flying home with my new little buck (Homeland security check was interesting, but more about that later).  I found someone to transport the doe I bought back to Texas.  So, I'll pick her up on Saturday - yay!  Overall there were a few disappointments along the way and many wonderful blessings.  I'll remember it always.
Loved the beautiful fall foliage! - Houston stays green all year long:-(
Lots of interesting old buildings tucked around every corner
Loved this old drugstore.  Dates back to 1849.  Wish it had been open.  So much nostalgia.
Enough sightseeing for now...back to the show across the street.


3 comments: