Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mr. Macy *<:o)

Baby picture - taken at 5 mos.  His one "poodle" ear finally stayed up :)

First grooming using shears instead of scissors
Recent picture with one of his many toys
Today is my sweet yorkipoo's birthday.  His mommy was a chocolate toy poodle and daddy was a yorkie.  I can't believe that William H. Macy is already 5 years old!  Named after the actor for no particular reason (he resembles him a little around the eyes;-)) other than I liked it (the name not necessarily the actor).  We call him "Mr. Macy" and he is, in my unbiased opinion, the BEST dog ever!!  He rarely barks (I think I've heard him bark twice), doesn't chew on furniture, and loves everyone - even the vet, lol.  He's just the sweetest, softest dog I've ever had.  His fur is like silky cotton.  Everyone that pets him loves his super soft fur.  



He's a natural therapy dog (as opposed to being a well trained one).  In preparing him to be a therapy dog, I tried to teach him commands.  While he is incredibly perceptive and learns things quickly, he does not do well with training by commands.  He's far too sensitive.  He just gets real close to me and acts like he's in trouble for something - as if he's ever in trouble - regardless of the soft, quiet tone of voice and treats that I use to teach him a command.  The people that certified him overlooked his lack of training because he was so naturally well suited to love on people.  I love watching how he adjusts to each resident at the nursing home.  He's normally a peppy, twirly kind of guy, but for those confined to a bed that are immobile for the most part, he very slowly and carefully crawls next to them and just lies there as long as they need him to.  Anyway, I guess I've probably gushed enough, but he really is the best buddy a girl could have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment