Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Blogamation, Blinkies, and other Gadgets

This Christmas was unlike others at my house in that there was the noticeable absence of the latest, greatest new gadgets to the hit the market.  Gone are the days of Macbooks, Nintendos, and iPods/iPhones/iYouNameIts under the tree (at least for now).  Santa decided to simplify this year.  As a full-time student, the budget is tight.  Sure, the idea of playing with a Kindle Fire or an Xbox Kinect is appealing, but I'm glad these things aren't lying around now, vying for my already limited free time. 

I'm also glad that blogging is a free activity.  I love meeting people with similar interests and I like designing and redesigning my blog, all at no cost to me (other than time, of course).  I had grown tired of Facebook and Twitter, but I'm back on FB with the rabbitry and I love learning about the rabbit world from all of the knowledgeable people on there. 

I like having an interactive sort of blog, so I'm always looking for new blinkies or buttons to add to my sidebar.  I think animated graphics add visual interest to a blog as long as they're not too excessive (or maybe even if they are:)).  If you haven't played with it yet, Blogamation is a fun site.  The graphics on there are cute, creative, and easy to use.  I also like: HotBliggityBlog, ShabbyBlogs, TheCutestBlogontheBlock, DottyDotDot, and JellyPages.  Know of any fun design websites that aren't listed here?  I'd love to hear about them!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great websites Sheila! I've been looking for places like that to get cute blog backgrounds. And your blog is adorable! :) Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! Hope you find the websites helpful. Thanks for the compliment on my blog!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Istockphoto is a good blog! You just need to sign up.

    ReplyDelete