Friday, January 13, 2012

Hissy's Hullabaloo

"Hissy's Hullabaloo" - this may become a regular feature of the blog.  A place to talk about my wild doe's latest antics.  It seems that Hissy Fit is up to no good again.  Big Daddy has his own quirks, but for the most part he's just a quiet little sweetheart.  John Grogan of Marley & Me said in an interview when asked:

Q. Did you ever get another dog?

A. Nine months after Marley's death, we brought home a beautiful female yellow Labrador retriever puppy. Gracie is smart, calm, easily trained – and just a little boring. But then after Marley, probably any dog would be.

In bunny terms, Hissy is anything but boring.  Feisty = interesting.  She's demanding when it comes to her mealtime (note: anytime of the day is a good time for a meal), aggressive when it comes to fresh greens, and very aggressive when it comes to piggies...wait, did you say piggies??  Well, one piggy, in particular.  When I changed out her pan (paper, pine pellets, etc.), I decided to do something about the annoying unpleasantries that attach themselves to the wire.  There are only a few, but they persistently hang on day after day.  So, I grabbed my awesome dollar store find - a pink, piggy cleaning brush - and started lightly scrubbing.  Now, in retrospect, I probably should have expected what came next, but I had no clue.  Honestly, I was too wrapped up in putting my new piggy brush to good use.  Hissy was having no part of this pink intruder...so she rushed up to meet Piggy.  Then she hopped in a corner and turned around, preparing her next move in the event that this unwelcome invader didn't get her hostile message.  Nope?  "Okay then, it's WAR! Let's do this, Pig-man," her body language implied.  This time she lunged, growled, and may have tried to bite poor Piggy.  Caught off guard, I jumped and fussed at her in a loud and disapproving tone.  Then, I couldn't help myself.  I just started laughing.  It was Hissy's cage and Piggy had no place there.  She was within her rights to defend herself and her territory.  Awww, Hissy, you bring joy to my day:-)  But, really... that was a bad, bad (laughing again) girl. 
What she saw - a menacing, masked pig approaching
Closer to the truth;-) - hearts & halo added for effect

2 comments: