Friday, September 30, 2011

~Unexpected Treasure~

Cleburne, Texas:  As long as I live, I don't think I will have heard of even half of all the towns in Texas.  Honestly, when I was planning a trip to Cleburne to attend a rabbit show, I didn't expect much.  Perhaps because Cleburne doesn't exactly sound like a happening kind of place.  But it was the first rabbit show of the season, so I was anxious to get there.  Anyway, I packed a lot of books and magazines and hoped for the best.


I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with this little town.  There was more to it than I thought there would be and I LOVED the hotel I stayed at.  While the shopping left a lot to be desired (no boutiques), I did love the fully stocked Tractor Supply (it's the little things, right?).  Beautiful murals popped up in unexpected places on well preserved old buildings.  And as a fan of live theater, the Plaza Theatre Company on Main was just perfect.  I peeked in at the set and immediately imagined myself getting swept away to "Treasure Island."  I didn't fit it in this time, preferring to lounge at the hotel, but the theater will be a must see on my next trip.  Yes, I am looking forward to my next visit to Cleburne.  Who knew?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for 'following' my blog, I added yours as well. I look forward to reading more of your posts!:-) Will you be at the Cleburne show in December?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding my blog to your list. I love the layout on yours - the pictures are great! I do plan on going to the Cleburne show in December. Wish it was a little closer, but none of the shows seem to be near Houston:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added you as well (I think lol) Welcome to the rabbit world! Judge is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've had fun just going to the shows. I can't wait to finally participate in one.

    ReplyDelete